eXTReMe Tracker

Dan's Kidney

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Under the knife...Part 1

Tomorrow at 6:00 a.m. I will undergo my first surgical proceedure. I will have a sub-clavian catheter implanted in my chest to provide access for the plasmapheresis (blood antibody cleansing) treatments. It should be a relatively minor proceedure except that anytime someone wants to cut into my body, it is not minor to me. We should be home by noon, and I can post all the gory details.

Incidentally, several people have asked why some comments were edited out. I delete "spam" comments that automatic web crawler programs post anonymously....the one was for an adult web site and the other for online high blood pressure medicine.

A big thank you to all of our friends that have posted comments and sent email.....we really look forward to checking several times a day to see if there are any new ones. Your support means a great deal to us.

--Dan

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan & Sandy,
Hang in there! It sounds like you're having an adventure beyond words! Life at the Med Center is real fun (per Charlene) they know it all! You're in good hands we HOPE! Reading your blogs have been the most interesting part of our day now that school has started! Keep your chins up!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Feel better soon! The kids miss you guys like crazy. They ask everyday if they can go over to your house. Rest up and we will talk soon.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home