eXTReMe Tracker

Dan's Kidney

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Its time for an update......

Well, troops, it is going to be impossible to do this update simply or quickly, so I have picked the haphazard method. Dec. 18....I became very seriously ill and was rushed to Omaha with organ rejection. ...was put on a ventilator for 3 days....had emergency dialysis.....tons of drugs for two unknown infections that became system septic....Eventually discovered that I had e.coli....two weeks to get under control.....kidney is severely damaged.....we don't know how long it will last, maybe a year or two...got discharged Sun....missed all the bowl games, playoffs, and Christmas. I am home but am very weak with tubes sticking out of my stomach, and huge legs from the edema.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,
So sorry to hear you have had such a bad time the past month. Know you must be getting worn out from all of this. Try to stay strong and know that you are an inspiration for many of us. We are praying for you.
Your cuz, Cheryl

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan and Sandy, Know your KPS media people are thinking and praying for you. Your strength and perseverance are what will get your through this, together. Hang in there. Our love and support to you....

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,
Your tech skills were alway superior to my understanding, but I do know how to send yu a note of care and concern and let you know that my old mine drifts to you and Sandy and sends prayers and wishes of a healthy return. You have been through so much, but I can see from the pictures that you have a wonderful cheeleading squad with you, with Sandy as the great coach! You work on the 'heal' and I will work on my 'blog!'
With care!

Carol Renner

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,
Sorry to hear about your complications, but hang in there. I know it easy to get discouraged but just remember you have good doctors and many many people who are thinking of you and wishing you the best. I'm one of them! Dave Race

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,
Tough news in your update...you are showing remarkable strength and spirit....just like in the old days down at, well you know that place with all the dust and lime....can't say it in front of Sandy.
All my best buddy...stay strong knowing we are all with you.
jim feighny

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan and Sandy....This is tough news to read. I knew when information disappeared from your blog that things were not well. Jamie was good enough to keep us updated. Just remember it ain't over 'til it's over. Hang in there.

Don and Lora Rae

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home