eXTReMe Tracker

Dan's Kidney

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Beecher Island Setback

We had hoped that Dan would get out of the hospital today....we were even packing up stuff in the room when we found that that his white blood cell count had gone way down after steadily rising each day. We were very upset at this news....and then it was explained how some of the medication is hard on white blood cells and how the white count can fluctuate....and we were still upset. Dan is very tired of being in the hospital.

He is taking nupugin which promotes the growth of white blood cells, but that takes a week to kick in. It is hard to change his medication around much....he takes so many different medicines and each drug effects the other drugs and his body....and he needs each thing for a different reason. I really don't think he is the same person I married.

Also I hope this whole Beecher Island thing doesn't set Dan back. I read Doug and Jim's posts to him over the phone and it set off a whole rant on how terrible it was...how hot it was...how players got dust pneumonia and there was no water...it was the stupidest thing he'd ever heard of....and on and on. Good grief!

You know I don't think I have this quite straight in my mind....could you guys reenact the Beecher Island football game at the next class reunion?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan:
hope that things are improving again!! I think that you have had enough frustration now and can get well and back to some sembalance of full speed! Hope that you can make the LAsVegas run and that the bright sunshine out there will bring you back to health. We're off to Orlando in the early AM for the week and if I get a chance in the early evening I'll try and call and check up on you. I sent the game time separatly in a shotgun to all that I thought might be interested so you should have them. If see the cameras and wave it's for you.
Heal,
LAter,
Jamie

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stopped by the house and stayed ON THE OUTSIDE, Dan, so as not to contaminate it with any of my "bugs"! Left Sara's and Chris's wedding card and then spoke with Sandy on the phone for a spell after returning to Holdrege following the Graddy-Westerbeck wedding reception at the country club. What can I say, BUT I PRAY AND PRAY AND PRAY! What is GREAT about praying is IMAGING. And since I have not seen you other than in my "memories eye", I can "visualize or imagine" you in a perfectly healthy functioning body!!! Love you both! mcm

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan and Sandy....well, that sucks. Still have a few days to get things under control for that wedding. By Christmas this will all be a distant memory.

NOW...Beecher Island??? Were you guys really in my class? Apparently the Pep Club didn't go to that one? At least I did not. Sounds like I missed out on being hot, sweaty, dirty and thirsty! Just what every girl wants! :)

Hang in there......Lora Rae and Don

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Dan and Sandy,
Hope things are looking better for you tonight. By all law of averages, isn't it time you got a break?!! Our prayers are with you both. Take care and stay strong.
Jim & Cheryl Rook

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan;
Have a great Thanksgiving. As always, you remain in or thoughts and prayers.
As for Beecher Island, my memories aren't all that negative. Even when there was a little bit of pain involved, football was always fun regardless of where it was played. It kind of reminded me of playing tackle football in the alley behind our house. Also, if there wasn't some adversity attached to it us old folks would have one less memory to talk about.

Take care and have a great holiday. Ed and Vicki Greivel

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home