eXTReMe Tracker

Dan's Kidney

Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Good Week-end

I am happy to report we've had a good week-end. The medical problems are settling down...the anti-nausea medicine helps and Dan can eat now, the wound is not "leaking" so much, and the Teds support hose and foot elevation has helped the leg swelling.

This week-end we celebrated his birthday some, he talked to Julesburg friends on the phone, people have brought by food, Chris came over to watch the NU game (good thing Dan doesn't have heart problems), we watched Ryan play soccer, we drove around Cottonmill Park with the dog,...and it was a nice week-end.

So we will just keep at it. Thank you for your support. It means a lot to us.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am heading for Tahoe for the National Council of Geographic Educators annual conference. I am doing a presentation on KINESTHETICS in teaching CLIMATOLOGY concepts! It will be FUN and dedicated to Dan and Sandy Mahalek, Erin Brosz, and ALL the young learners at HMS I have had the privilege of teaching.
I have been HAPPILY INVOLVED with visitors from Omaha, Birmingham and HMS (Kipp).
I will be out of state for 10 days but back at you when I return. STEADY IMPROVEMENT, DAN AND SANDY! Keep involved in the autumnal delights!
Go BRONCOS!

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to add that I have not climbed Harney Peak BUT the Prayer Bundles of tobacco and sage have been offered at our sacred sanctuary, Sandy and Dan.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home