eXTReMe Tracker

Dan's Kidney

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring Break...Good News

Since my last post, things have improved dramatically. The nephrostomy tube has worked wonders and I am recovering from the acute tubular necrosis. March 12 I had a pylogram of the kidney and it showed an obstruction of the ureter between the kidney and the bladder. I had a balloon dilation and a stent was placed in the ureter to hold it open. This all must be doing the trick as my creatine was down to 3.1 today from a high of 7.7 two weeks ago.

How things change.....a year ago today Sandy and I were in Hawaii sailing off the big island watching whales, today I feel like a whale with all the water my legs are retaining.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again Dan and Sandy...

We are taking your word that this is VERY good news. We did recognize a few words (tube, balloon, kidney and bladder) so know we are all discussing the same subject. We bet in a few months you will be hiking the streets of gay Paree again. Will look for more postings with the same good news.

Carry on.......Don and Lora Rae

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOOOORAY....YIPEEEEEE....HOOP-DE-DO.....GOOD NEWS, NO, MAKE THAT GREAT NEWS....SO GLAD FOR YOU AND SANDY TOO....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK....Harlan and Shari and Tucker too....

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dan...
I've been in Texas the last couple of weeks playing on my bike and when I caught up on your blogg, I was both concerned and elated. It really is a roller coaster ride is't it? Keep improving, your in my prayers and thoughts.
Take Care---Ed G

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan and Sandy,
Just back from TX and a hill country wedding of our friends Patti and Linc. Good to hear that the news is good. You are certainly writing the book on this venture. Take care, you continue to be in my thoughts, daily.
jim

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home