eXTReMe Tracker

Dan's Kidney

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Back at Work

I went back to HMS...half days for a couple of days...and now full-time starting tomorrow. I think that Dan and I can both agree that health care is not my avocation. Most medical things kind of "creep me out" and I'm not very patient. So it was nice to be back at school where everyone seemed glad to see me and do something that I am good at.

A concern is that I am working in a germ factory and Dan's immunity is knocked down. The hospital said that I need to do plenty of hand washing. Some people think that maybe I need to change out of my germy school clothes in the garage before I go in the house. Others have taken it a step further and suggested we have a fire pit to burn my school clothes and I just continuously buy new clothes. HASMAT suits have also been suggested....but I don't know if I wear them at school or at home.

Dan is doing well. I think we would like things to progress more quickly, but actually everything has improved...the last hold-out is leg swelling which is good if he keeps the support hose (TEDS) on and keeps his legs elevated. On Monday we are going back to UNMC and see what they think about it all.

Note: We were a part of the UNMC Transplant Team's record setting month. They did 37 transplants during the month of September.

Friday we are going to the Alma Homecoming/Parents' Night and staying with Chris and Sara. Of course, Sadie is going too. We will all wear our Cardinal red.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you at the Game!!

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that your humor is still intact. I am trying to picture Dan in his knee-highs! I bet their white, too! Not a good fashion statement. :)

Lora Rae

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back at work, Sandy. Is it possible to set up a germ-free zone around you? Probably not. I recommend Dan dye his TEDS orange for the season - if white - (there are black ones, too - yes?) Do not use Jello, however in the coloring process, as I did for a quick costume. Colored the hose just fine. However, my legs were a strange hue that lasted about a week.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the worst may be in the past. All good stuff from now on - improvement that is. The blog is a great idea. Nice to keep up with what is going on.

Peggy

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home