eXTReMe Tracker

Dan's Kidney

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Great news from yesterday's check-up

The check up in Omaha yesterday was great, I could not have wished for better news. My creatinine was down to 2.0 (normal) which indicates that the kidney has made a remarkable recovery. My doctors were amazed that the kidney could recover from the extensive damage suffered last month. I only hope that things continue to go well.

I still have a bladder infection.....the bug was resistant to the anti-biotic that I was taking, so I am now on a new one. Get this, I got 14 pills and the bill was $1023.00.....thank you Blue Cross!!!!! My strength continues to improve, in fact it is time for me to go exercise and lift weights.

Several more thank yous that I have been remiss in giving. The transplant team at UNMC is fantastic! I owe my recovery to the quick and decisive action of Dr. Stevens and Dr. Wrenshall. These two doctors are among the best transplant surgeons in the United States. They honestly care about their patients. The caring shown by the transplant team P.A.s, Residents, and Fellow was also excellent. Finally a big hug and thank you to the nurses at Clarkson and the Red Cross plasmapheresis team.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan and Sandy:
Great news, I knew that you could do it!!!!! Keep up the great work on recovery and probably most important, keep up the working out. You'll be back to some sembalance of full speed before you know it.
Hopeing to see you both before long.
Later,
Love,
Jamie

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan;
Thanks for the update, sounds like things are looking up and you're on the road to recovery again. You and Sandy give great meening to the term "real troopers".
My prayers and thoughts are with the two of you---Ed Greivel

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan, Glad to hear that your feeling better and improving. Keep it up! All were doing here is shoveling snow-over 40 inches in the last 5 weeks. Dave Race

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan--
Thanks for keeping your blog up-to-date. I read it often and am grateful that you are doing so well. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Lavonne Childress

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home