eXTReMe Tracker

Dan's Kidney

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sandy's Gone

Dear Chris—

You are here to take my place while I am visiting my sisters in Rochester, New York. This is a partial list of what needs to be done:

#1 Walk Sadie every day on the Hike Bike trail at 6:45am. This way she will see all her little dog friends. Watch out for the nasty Pekinese.

#2 When you are done walking Sadie…feed her, give her her medicine, pet her, and tell her she is a good dog.

#3 Keep track of how much phosphorus your father eats. Too much phosphorus and his back itches and you will need to scratch his back. Ditto on the potassium.

#4 Water the flowers and the tomato plants on the patio every day. Pick the tomatoes, but don’t let your father eat too many. (See #3.)

#5 Call Sharon. We talk every day. Hot topics with us are the President, Cheney, Republicans in general, the war in Iraq, Nebraska football,….you can probably talk about the weather.

Well that’s the top five. There is more that I will share with you verbally. I don’t recommend taking the Corvette when you go out at night…your father will notice. Also eating at McDonalds every day is not a part of the renal/diabetic diet.

Call Jim in if you need reinforcements. Call Dave if Jim can’t make it. Call in the coffee group, the class of ’60, the KJHS faculty if necessary….and if none of that works then call me.

Love—

Mom

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HMMM----I guess keeping Dan out of trouble might be a full-time job, but should also keep Chris out of trouble. Have a good time Sandy, glad to hear you are getting away this summer.

Lora Rae

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best, most specific, most complete and all inclusive set of instructions that I could imagine. Leaving Dan with Dr. Chris tells me that he must be doing extrodinarly better, for which I am thankful. Keep improving Dan, as for Sandy - have a most relaxing and SAfe trip.
Later,
Jamie

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy, I just don't know why you aren't writing for the newspaper any more. I think it just shows that the Hub isn't very smart. I love reading what you write.
Rosemary

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home