eXTReMe Tracker

Dan's Kidney

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Like the Energizer Bunny.......

.....I seem to keep going and going and getting stronger each week. Dialysis is still going well, although I can not get used to the damn needles. We went to the family reunion last weekend and had a great time. I saw cousins that I had not seen in 47 years....Harold and Susie, and it was wonderful to see Jim and Cheryl again. Jim and Cheryl, you should be very proud of your daughter Stephanie, she is a wonderful gal and I bet a terrific teacher. We enjoyed a nice visit with Ruby P. and Phylis K.

Sunday morning we all climbed Boot Hill in Ogalalla......as long as I can walk back down I figure it was a successful venture. I have been doing my mile walks again and have begun to lift weights again. I hope I continue to improve as we have tickets for the Southern Cal --Nebraska football game in a couple of weeks.


Finally, here is a pic for all of you who graduated from SCHS.......this business was frequented by a number of us late at night for burgers and Pepsi. Who can tell me what it was and where it was? Hint....it was about 13 miles from Julesburg.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, great to see that you have a lot of energy and continue to improve. The answer to the picture is that it's the the old service station and cafe on Highway 30 north of Big Springs (I guess that they didn't call them truck stops back in the 50's). It does bring back a lot of memories. Take care and continue to improve---Ed Greivel

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Along with Ed, I believe the Lintz family owned the truck stop. Didn't the original burn down, but I remember seeing trucks parked on Highway 30 a couple miles each way. Good to hear you are getting stronger. Reunions are always great. Hope P.K. wasn't too much of a p---.

Doug

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan:
Glad to hear that you are continuing to improve!!! What a turnaround! Keep up the good work.
Good to hear the you got out of Boot Hill unscathed - that they didn't have to keep you.
Sounds like you had a great visit to the 'Burg.
Talk to you before long.
Later,
Jamie

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, so glad to see that you are keeping on keeping on..thanks so much for keeping us in the loop.
jim feighny

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home