eXTReMe Tracker

Dan's Kidney

Sunday, November 25, 2007

New Wheels/Nice Holiday/Great Beer

Well, here it is the post-thanksgiving week end and everything is going well. I am feeling good and and am continuing to gain strength. I have gained some weight back and am up to about 178 lbs. We are still awaiting our appeal to UNOS as to whether or not I will receive my waiting time credit for the failed kidney. If not, it will be at least another year or two before I can get a new kidney. I am not looking forward to 2 more years on dialysis, but if I have no choice........

Sandy wanted to me to get a new pickup as my old Chevy was 13 years old and with our winters, she wanted me to get a 4x4. So here it is......my new-old Ford (2004)

Oh yes, my new hobby, beer making is going very well. I just finished a batch of wheat beer and am starting on my Holiday Red Ale and Grand Bohemian Pilzner. Cheers and happy holidays.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan and Sandy---Thanks for the update as I've been very curious as to your health status. It's great to hear that everything has been fairly positive and that you continue to improve. You look great next to your pickup. Keep improving and take care. Ed & Vicki

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi:
LOOKING GOOD! Great to see some weight back on you! And the Truck looks good too. Just back from Anaheim - battered, bruised and bloodied, but 2 out of 3 isn't bad I reccon. oh well.
Hope that you continue to improve and we see more pictures of the brewmaster and that he doesn't get too far into his cups, ha. And that "red headed dude" can find you a decent coach.
Later,
Jamie

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan........gosh to look at you one would never suspect you are not hale and hearty. Sounds like patience will be your friend for awhile. At least you have a great hobby and there is something to look forward to at the end of your wait. Have a great Christmas you two.

Don and Lora Rae

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home