eXTReMe Tracker

Dan's Kidney

Monday, August 18, 2008

Ticker Trouble

I suppose it was bound to happen, after all the last time I had heart problems was 11 years ago. Friday night I had some pressure in my upper chest extending to the base of my neck...the same feeling I had before. My son told me to get to the E.R. so Sandy took me in. The cardiologist on call was a new doc in Kearney...Mine was in India. After some tests, he decided that I had not had a heart attack, but needed a heart cath the next morning.

Sat. morning he performed a cath and found that the circumflex artery was 99% closed. He stented the artery, and within a few minutes I woke up feeling great. It was somewhat sobering to find out that the circumflex supplies most of the blood for the rear of the heart...Dr. Sambaro said that my life was hanging by a thread.

Home again Sunday afternoon and back to dialysis today. All's well that ends well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Dude, Close call! glad to hear that you'e settled back into better health. Hang in there and keep the ticker going. We think about you a lot and keep hopeing and praying that you can get back to fuller speed.
Later,
Jamie

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan and Sandy..........Sep. was a very busy month for us as we were gone for 3 weeks entertaining friends from England. (Yellowstone and Canyonlands by Moab, Utah) It's taken me awhile to get back into the computer. Glad the emergency is over and all is well. Before we know it the holidays will be upon us and we hope you get to enjoy them with your family close by....unless, of course you are getting that transplant. Praying for that for you.

Love to you both.....Don and Lora Rae

9:11 PM  
Blogger G'ma May said...

I have been praying, Dan, but did not realize how significantly your life has been "hangin' in the balance"! mcm

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home